Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Daily prayer guide

I used to be a part of a cell group in Elim Community. Those were back in my college days. One of the most important lessons I learned from this group was to establish a personal relationship with God through setting aside time each day to communicate with Him. My facilitator gave each of us in the cell group a copy of a daily prayer guide, one that she personally follows. The prayer guide consists of the following steps:
  1. Praise and Worship
  2. Sing to the Lord
  3. Surrender
  4. Release of the Holy Spirit
  5. Repentance
  6. Forgiveness
  7. Scripture Reflections
  8. Wait for the Lord to Speak
  9. Intercessions
  10. Petitions
  11. Spiritual Warfare
  12. Thanksgiving
Remember: Give back all the Glory to God, my life and yours come from God alone!

Prayer time is our own personal time with our Lord and Savior. Although I believe that praying to God does not need any formula, this guide was most useful especially when I was still starting to establish my own prayer time. 

Another prayer guide I use comes from a children's song entitled A-C-T-S. "A" stands for Adoration. "C" stands for Confession. "T" stands for Thanksgiving. "S" stands for Supplication. I tend to use this guide more as it is more simple and easy to remember. A-C-T-S

May God bless you today.. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What others are reading

Archives