Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 24, 2013 God Whispers


Living up to the Lord's standard is next to impossible. Why, my God Whispers for this week speaks about something I find hard to do right now. 

I've been through a fight with family members and relatives about two months ago. Right now, the emotional wound that that quarrel left me is still fresh. So much so that everytime I think about those people I had a fight with makes my head ache with anger.

So I ask: How can you give kindness to people who hurt you so deeply that every time you think about them your blood boils? How can you possibly show kindness when you don't even want to meet them anywhere, anytime?

I guess it's only through prayer and supplication. Forgiveness and mercy are God's graces to us, so if we don't have them right now, the best thing we can do is ask these from our Almighty Father.

If you are suffering from anger, pain, and frustration for whatever reason, let us pray together to God for his graces of forgiveness and mercy:

Dear Lord, 

Thank you for forgiving our sins and showing us mercy, so much mercy and forgiveness that You even died on the cross for us. We ask that through the cleansing of your blood of sacrifice, we may be able to forgive those who hurt us and caused us pain; may we look with mercy at those who have angered us and whom we think do not deserve any mercy from us. Amen.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

What others are reading

Archives