Friday, May 6, 2011

The Good Shepherd

The Good Shepherd by James Powell 1888

1 "The Lord is my shepherdI shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
   He leads me beside the still waters, 
3 He restores my soul.
   He guides me through the right paths 
  for His name's sake.

4 Although I walk through the valley 
  of the shadow of death,
 I fear no evil, for You are beside me: 
 Your rod and Your staff comfort me.

5 You spread a table before me 
in the presence of my foes
  You anoint my head with oil; 
my cup is overflowing.

6 Goodness and kindness will follow me
   all the days of my life,
  I shall dwell in the house of the Lord 
  as long as I live."

(From the Christian Community Bible, 27th edition)

This very beautiful psalm always inspires me and lifts up my spirit especially during times of darkness in my life. It reminds me that my Lord is always watching over me and will never leave me to stray and be lost forever. For all the times I swerved away from the right path, I know He has been very patient with me. Even during these times, I know that He has not forsaken me. He has continued to show His love for me through loving reminders that come in the form of events, places and people. Through it all, I know His light will eventually shine through.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What others are reading

Archives